Personal care and body art

Find out how to register your personal care premises or notify the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder of your skin penetration business.

Registration of premises

Newly constructed premises used for personal care — hair salons, beauty parlours or skin penetration — must be registered with the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder before opening for business, usually at the time of final inspection of the construction.

These regulations aim to protect public health by preventing or containing outbreaks of infectious diseases, and encourage businesses to provide and maintain an environment that is safe from infectious diseases.

It is essential for proprietors to be aware of the potential dangers of these procedures and understand the precautions needed to minimize the likelihood of infection.

Please download and submit the Application for registration of personal care premises (PDF) form.

For more information, please contact Environmental Health.

Notification of skin penetration business

A business providing skin penetration or body art services such as tattooing, ear piercing must notify the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder under the Health Act 1911 and associated regulations.

Please download and submit a Notification of skin penetration establishment (PDF) form.

New businesses are required to obtain advice and approval from Environmental Health before commencing any building works. The process of obtaining approval requires the submission of plans.

For more information, please visit the WA Department of Health's Public Health page on Skin penetration .