Find out what records are kept in the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder archives and how to view them.
Local history archives
The Local History Archives houses a wide collection of research material including a well-stocked local history and war related specialist library. Our friendly staff can assist you to find answers to your questions, whether it be about local history or a forgotten relative.
The City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder archives are located on the first floor of the Kalgoorlie Town Hall.
The archives are open for public viewing at the following times:
- Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm
Copies of archival materials can be made, subject to a printing fee. For current charges, please refer to the Schedule of fees and charge
Back to top
What is in the archives?
Below is an incomplete list of the materials held in the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder archives. It is a rough guide to what is available.
Please contact us if you are looking for a resource that is not listed below.
This collection is currently under development. Please contact us for information or assistance.
Books and videos
We have over 200 books and videos in our collection, which are stored in the Kalgoorlie Town Hall.
Please use the Library catalogue to search for a book or video.
The microfiche collection in the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder archives includes information on both the population and electorate of the local area.
- WA Index to births (1841–1905)
- WA Index to deaths (1841–1980)
- WA Index to marriage (1841–1965)
- WA Pioneers index (1841–1905).
- WA Legislative Assembly Roll, Kalgoorlie (1904–1992)
- WA Legislative Assembly Roll, Boulder (1904–1961)
- WA Legislative Assembly Roll, Brown Hill (1904–1911)
- WA Legislative Assembly Roll, Ivanhoe (1904–1911)
- WA Legislative Assembly Roll, Coolgardie (1904–1928)
- WA Legislative Assembly Roll, Yilgan-Coolgardie (1929–1949)
- WA Legislative Assembly Roll, Hannans (1904–1953)
- WA Legislative Assembly Roll, Kanowna (1904–1949)
- WA Legislative Assembly Roll, Menzies (1904–1928).
Historical books on microfilm
Our collection of historical books on microfiche include:
- Cyclopaedia of Western Australia, volumes 1, 2 & 3
- Twentieth Century Impressions of Western Australia
- WA Almanac and Commercial directories, 1853–1889
- WA Postal directories, 1893–1949 (also available at the State Library of WA).
Newspapers on microfilm
Local newspapers available in our collection include:
- Broad Arrow Standard (1896–1899)
- Bulong Bulletin (1897–1898)
- Coolgardie Miner (1894–1917, 1935–1954)
- Coolgardie Mining Review (1895–1897)
- Coolgardie Pioneer (1895–1896)
- Coolgardie Review (1895)
- The Golden Age (1895–1896)
- Goldfields Morning Chronicle (1896–1898)
- Goldfields Observer (1930–1939)—became The Sun newspaper
- Hannan’s Herald (1895–1896)
- The Kalgoorlie Miner (1895–March 2000).
Back to top
Contacts and links
For more information, please contact:
Local History Officer
City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder
Tel: +61 8 9021 9806
Please also refer to the following sites for more historical and archival resources:
State Library of Western Australia
The State Library of Western Australia collects material for heritage, reference and public library collections. Specialist collections include: indigenous history, family history, children's literature and music.
Picture Australia is an Internet-based service that allows you to search several online pictorial collections at the same time.
Curtin University Library
The Curtin University Library has many historical records and publications that are available to the public.
Tel: +61 8 9088 6790
Kalgoorlie-Boulder Cemetery Board
Tel: +61 8 9091 1693
Back to top