Cattle, horses & large animals

Find out about the Local Laws related to keeping cattle and large animals in the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder.

The City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder defines a 'large animal' as a pig, sheep, goat, deer or camel, but specifically excludes horses and cattle.

Owners or occupiers of a property are required to apply for a permit in order to keep cattle and large animals.

Please download and submit an Application for approval to keep large animals (PDF), which also includes information on the relevant Local Law.