Animal Management Facility
Find out if your dog has been impounded, when the Animal Management Facility is open, how to claim a dog and how to rehouse an unclaimed dog.
Animal Management Facility policies and fees
Stray dogs captured by the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder will be held in the animal management facility for a minimum of
- 7 days (if the dog has a tag, microchip or other ID)
- 96 hours (if the dog has no identification).
After this period, the dog will become the property of the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder, who may dispose of it by various means, including rehousing under the Dog Rehousal program.
To claim a dog from the animal management facility, owners must:
- Identify the dog during opening hours (below)
- Complete the necessary paperwork
- Pay the required fees
- Register the dog, if not already registered
- Present the receipt of payment to the ranger to release the dog.
Fees and charges
The following fees apply for all dogs impounded by the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder:
- Impound fee: $80
- Daily fee: $25
In addition, any infringements associated with the dog must be paid before release.
Animal Management Facility location and hours
The City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder dog animal management facility is located next to the Ranger office at the corner of Throssell Street and Hay Street.
The animal management facility is open at the following times:
- Monday to Friday, 9 am – 4 pm
- Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, 9 am – 10 am.
Entry into the animal management facility, and collection of dogs, must take place within these hours, with a Ranger present.
For enquiries, please contact Ranger Services.
The Dog Rehousal program aims to rehouse dogs that have been:
- Unclaimed by owners after the minimum period (stated above)
- Signed over to the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder.
If interested in homing a dog from the Animal Management Facility, you must attend the facility in person during viewing hours (listed above) to inspect the dog. Should there be an animal you are interested in rehoming, you can record your name and contact number as an expression of interest on the Impound Sheet. If the dog becomes available for adoption, you will be contacted and advised when the dog is available for pick up. The following will need to be completed before the dog can be collected:
- Pay the required rehousing fee of $60.00
- Register the dog with the City.
Registrations expire on the 31 October. The City will send out a renewal notice in early October to enable you to register for further years.
The list below is updated in chronological order where the most recent dog impounded is listed first. To search for a specific dog, please fill in the search criteria below:
24 Mar 2017
24 Mar 2017
22 Mar 2017
WEARING CHOKER WITH EXPRIRED 2015 REGO TAG
22 Mar 2017