Pest control and native species

Find out about the pest control program in the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder, and how to report cases involving native birds and animals.

Household pests

The control and treatment for pests in residential properties is the responsibility of the property owners.

A list of pest control companies can be found in the online Goldfields business and community directory.

The City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder provides the community with information, as well as several Local Laws, on the control of residential pest such as ants, wasps, mosquitoes, bees and rodents.

If you would like to report pests or mosquitoes on a neighbouring property, or require more advice on pest control, please contact Environmental Health.

Bees, wasps and other insects

Complaints regarding bees and wasps on verges or land owned by the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder should be directed to Engineering Services at +61 8 9021 9672.

Further information common pests can be found on the Department of Agriculture website, including information on:

  • European wasps
  • Red imported fire ants.

You can contact the Department of Agriculture directly at +61 8 9092 2733.

Snakes and reptiles

Have a snake in your yard? Please contact the Department of Parks and Wildlife  at +61 8 9080 5555.

Injured native birds and animals

The Department of Environment and Conservation is responsible for all cases involving native fauna and protected species such as:

  • Birds
  • Reptiles
  • Kangaroos
  • Emus.

Please report any injured native birds or animals to the Department of Parks and Wildlife at +61 8 9080 5555.


For more information on cockroachs click here.


For more information on mosquitos click here.